Lately I am looking for the healthiest options, I believe we are what we eat and even though that every once in a while eating some junk food feels good, being healthy feels great! I have been on a healthy … Continue reading
Hi everyone! 🙂 I hope you all had a great start of the week!
This time I tried I different bread, an oregano bread that turns out to be really simple to make and so delicious and healthy! It gave me a great breakfast along with a delicious slice of watermelon and a tasty almond milk with coffee
Here is the recipe,
– 40g of spelt flour
– 60g of cassava starch
– 3 tps of yeast
– 4 eggs
– 4 tbsp of olive oil
– 8 tbsp of water
– sunflower seeds and chia seeds (as much as you like)
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC
2. Mix all dry ingredients. Add the liquid ingredients and mix it well. Pour into a baking form, sprinkle with the seeds and take it to the oven for about 40 minutes, et voilá! 😉
Hello bloggers! 🙂 🙂 How is everyone doing? How is the weekend going? I hope you’re having an amazing, sunny and happy weekend! As for me since I have a lot of free time lately I am trying new recipes in my beloved home kitchen where ingredients and tools are more than enough to keep me entertained!
This time I decided to try a banana bread recipe I adapted from an great blog I follow, http://saudavelcomoumpero.blogspot.pt/
It is pretty simple and it turns out a delicious bread that goes great with honey, jam, cheese, or even by itself!
- 4 tbsp of peanut oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla flavor
- 4 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas
- 50g of grated almonds
- a pinch of salt
- sunflower seeds and chia seeds (as much as you like)
1 – Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC.
2 – Beat the eggs in a bowl and add to it the peanut oil, vanilla flavor, cinnamon and the pinch of salt.
3- Smash the bananas and add them to the egg mixture along with the grated almonds and the seeds.
4 – Pour it in a rectangular baking tray and take it to the oven for about 30 minutos.
And it’s ready to serve! 🙂
Hello my amazing people walking, wondering and dreaming around 🙂 I hope you are all doing great! This time I come writing you to share a recipe made mainly of Zucchini and Carrots, you know how much I am into veggies, so here is an healthy suggestion to eat them!
– 1 zucchini
– 3 medium carrots
– 3 eggs
– 1 tbsp pf water
– 40g grated cheese
– 1 tbsp of flour
– cinnamon, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC. Cut the zucchini and carrots to a frying pan and let it stay for about 3 minutes. Take it off and let it cool down for about 10 minutes.
2. Roughly beat the eggs, add them the water, flour, cheese and seasonings.
3. Mix the egg mixture and the vegetables,
Let it cool down, and it is ready to serve! 🙂
Starting my healthy week today! 🙂
Interesting facts about Oatmeal:
- Oats are an excellent source of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, thiamine, iron, beta-glucan (which may help regulate blood sugar) and the antioxidants known as avenanthramides (which may help promote healthy circulation)
- Oatmeal is also believed to help reduce harmful cholesterol levels and it may boost the immune system.
- Oatmeal can help increase endurance when eaten about three hours before working out.
- Oats help the body burn fat more quickly.
I have to confess the only type I had at home was the instant ones. But my next step now is to buy steel-cut oats (or Irish oats), it is said as being the healthiest type of oatmeal made from whole-grain so I want to give a try!
What is your favorite healthy breakfast? Can’t wait for you suggestions! 🙂