Lately I am looking for the healthiest options, I believe we are what we eat and even though that every once in a while eating some junk food feels good, being healthy feels great! I have been on a healthy … Continue reading
Hi everyone! 🙂 I hope you all had a great start of the week!
This time I tried I different bread, an oregano bread that turns out to be really simple to make and so delicious and healthy! It gave me a great breakfast along with a delicious slice of watermelon and a tasty almond milk with coffee
Here is the recipe,
– 40g of spelt flour
– 60g of cassava starch
– 3 tps of yeast
– 4 eggs
– 4 tbsp of olive oil
– 8 tbsp of water
– sunflower seeds and chia seeds (as much as you like)
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC
2. Mix all dry ingredients. Add the liquid ingredients and mix it well. Pour into a baking form, sprinkle with the seeds and take it to the oven for about 40 minutes, et voilá! 😉
Hello bloggers! 🙂 🙂 How is everyone doing? How is the weekend going? I hope you’re having an amazing, sunny and happy weekend! As for me since I have a lot of free time lately I am trying new recipes in my beloved home kitchen where ingredients and tools are more than enough to keep me entertained!
This time I decided to try a banana bread recipe I adapted from an great blog I follow, http://saudavelcomoumpero.blogspot.pt/
It is pretty simple and it turns out a delicious bread that goes great with honey, jam, cheese, or even by itself!
- 4 tbsp of peanut oil
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp of vanilla flavor
- 4 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas
- 50g of grated almonds
- a pinch of salt
- sunflower seeds and chia seeds (as much as you like)
1 – Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC.
2 – Beat the eggs in a bowl and add to it the peanut oil, vanilla flavor, cinnamon and the pinch of salt.
3- Smash the bananas and add them to the egg mixture along with the grated almonds and the seeds.
4 – Pour it in a rectangular baking tray and take it to the oven for about 30 minutos.
And it’s ready to serve! 🙂
Hey everyone! Hope you are all having an amazing weekend and HAPPY EASTER to you all my friends!
As for me I am back at home and having a full packed kitchen couldn’t resist on baking something! This time I decided to do a kind of Peanut butter muffins. My mom (and very well she does!) she is taking on a much healthier life style and she is using and trying a lot of new healthy ingredients. Therefore I used mainly her ingredients and my favorite of all – my Jiff PB jar! J So with this I came up with a recipe for very healthy Peanut Butter muffins! Here I share the recipe (I am sorry I did not use the scale and since I measured all by eye I will try to describe as close as I remember doing it, but again, the measures by not be exactly the ones I wrote but while doing it add or remove as you feel like!)
– 100 g spelt flour
– 3 tbsp carob flour (if you want you can use cocoa powder instead)
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup of rice milk
– 2 tbsp honey
– 1 tsp Cinnamon
– 1 pinch of vanilla
– ½ apple
– 2 tbsp oatmeal
– 1 tsp of Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter per muffin (as a PB lover I did quite full spoons)
1. Preheat the oven at 190ºC.
2. Mix flours, cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl
3. Beat the two eggs and add the milk to them
4. Combine the egg mixture and honey into the flours. Add also the sliced apple and oats.
5. In a muffin tray spoon 1 tbsp of the batter, then one 1 tsp of PB and then another tbsp of the batter. Repeat it until the muffin tray is full. Take it to the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Good afternoon everyone! I truly hope you’re having an amazing start of weekend! As for me I have been working for quite a few hours already, but it is worth as I have a very exciting plan coming up (that soon I will share with you!) and money will be needed!
This week I have “discovered” avocado! I know I am late to the party as avocado is quite known already. But let me be more specific, it was my first time trying and actually enjoying it! The first time it was given to me to try I had it like any fruit “oh give a bite and try this!” – I swear to never again put that in my month, I hated that flavor and texture! But now, after a while and “trauma” is gone I decided to try it again after reading so many blogs where everyone recommends avocado as being such an healthy food! And surprise, surprise… I enjoyed it!! This week I had it in a lot of different ways so here I leave you some ideas if you feel like trying it and if you already have it in your menu. I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
• grilled chicken • 1/4 avocado • lemon juice • lettuce
• lettuce • 1 egg omelette with soy sauce • 1 slice of bread with hummus spread • 1/4 avocado
• grilled shrimp & hummus • soy sauce • 1/4 avocado • lemon juice • tomato • cucumber • lettuce
• 1 boiled egg • 1 slice chicken ham • mushrooms • 1/4 avocado • 1/2 slice of pumpkin seed bread*• lettuce
*Biona Organic Rye Pumpkin Seed Bread – my new finding at Tesco store! Just tried it and let me tell you – nutritious, healthy and delicious bread option! 😉
Note: An advise to safe avocado and avoid that it turns black once its open is to save it with its core 😉
Which one did you fancy the most? What’s your favorite avocado recipe? Comment below as I would love to get some ideas! 🙂
Have a lovely and healthy weekend everyone! 🙂