Hey everyone! Hope you are all having an amazing weekend and HAPPY EASTER to you all my friends!
As for me I am back at home and having a full packed kitchen couldn’t resist on baking something! This time I decided to do a kind of Peanut butter muffins. My mom (and very well she does!) she is taking on a much healthier life style and she is using and trying a lot of new healthy ingredients. Therefore I used mainly her ingredients and my favorite of all – my Jiff PB jar! J So with this I came up with a recipe for very healthy Peanut Butter muffins! Here I share the recipe (I am sorry I did not use the scale and since I measured all by eye I will try to describe as close as I remember doing it, but again, the measures by not be exactly the ones I wrote but while doing it add or remove as you feel like!)
– 100 g spelt flour
– 3 tbsp carob flour (if you want you can use cocoa powder instead)
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup of rice milk
– 2 tbsp honey
– 1 tsp Cinnamon
– 1 pinch of vanilla
– ½ apple
– 2 tbsp oatmeal
– 1 tsp of Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter per muffin (as a PB lover I did quite full spoons)
1. Preheat the oven at 190ºC.
2. Mix flours, cinnamon and vanilla in a bowl
3. Beat the two eggs and add the milk to them
4. Combine the egg mixture and honey into the flours. Add also the sliced apple and oats.
5. In a muffin tray spoon 1 tbsp of the batter, then one 1 tsp of PB and then another tbsp of the batter. Repeat it until the muffin tray is full. Take it to the oven for about 15-20 minutes.