Which means grandma’s Spinach Pie, a delicious and veggie full pie that I came to love! 🙂 The recipe is from my Portuguese grandma and that is why the name is in Portuguese. She is an amazing cooker and this pie that she does is just divine! In fact it was part of one of my last meals I had when leaving Portugal as I personally asked her to do it for me! It is so delicious and if you have kids a good way to put your children eating some veggies!
So here is my grandma’s recipe of the tart,
for the pastry:
– 250g of flour
– 100g of margarine
– 5tbsp of cold water
for the fill:
– 300/400g of spinach
– 3 eggs
– 1 pack of double cream
– 1 pinch of salt
– grated cheese to sprinkle on top
1. Very patiently slowly stir the margarine into the flour until they are totally combined (it will take a while and by the end it should look like sand)
2. Add the 5 spoons of water, one each time.
3. Lay down the pastry and shape it in a tart tray. Take it to the oven by it self until it gains some color.
4. Beat the three eggs and mix them with the spinach. Add the double cream and then pour the mixture into the pastry in the tart tray. Sprinkle with grated cheese on top.
5. Take it to the oven for about 15 minutes at 180ºC
And it’s ready to serve! 🙂
Note: if you find the pastry to long or hard to make you can always buy one at the supermarket and just add the filling.
Hope you enjoy as much as I always do! 🙂